Most of our clients enable upfront login for events on their app, and sometimes upfront login to the app itself. If there is no upfront login enabled for your app, much of the app is accessible without logging in. However, to participate in interactive features such as attendee-to-attendee messaging or posting on the Activity Feed, you must login to the app. If a password has not already been provided to you, you may easily create one.
Creating a Password
Overview: We use the email address with which you registered as your username. When you request a password, we will email a link to your registered email address, establishing your identity. You may either use the Set Password link in that email to create your own password or, optionally, you may use the one-time-use password included in that email to log into the app for 15 minutes after the email is sent.
To create an account, 1) your email address must be on the list of attendees and 2) you must have access to that email address. If someone other than you submitted your event registration, it is possible that you may not have access to the email account we have on file, and it may be that multiple people were registered with the same email address. If this is the case, please contact the event planner to have your unique email address entered into the system.
1. Click the Request a Password link in the app.
- From the Event List screen on the app, select the Login button in the top navigation bar, or select an event from the list. If logging in is optional for your event, you will see the Login button at the top of the app's side navigation menu.
- A login screen will appear. Select the Request a Password button.
- Enter your registered email address in the Email field, then select Request Password. If your email address is in our system, you will receive an email shortly.
2. Check your email.
- Check the email account for the email you provided above. You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with a "Set Password" link.
- Make sure to check your junk/spam folder, just in case the message was incorrectly categorized as spam.
3. Click the link in your email, and create a password.
- Click the Set Password link in the email you received from email@example.com.
- You will be taken to a website where you may enter and confirm the password of your choosing. Your password must be at least 8 characters long with at least one upper and lower case letter and at least one number.
- Once you have created a password, you will see a confirmation message that your password has been set. You may now return to the event app and login with your email address and the password you created.
Please note: The email from firstname.lastname@example.org also contains an optional one-time-use password. This is an additional option that will allow you to log into the app with that one-time-use password for 15 minutes after the email is sent. Once authenticated, you will not be logged out. If the password expires before you log in, you may simply select the "Request a Password" link again to receive another email with another optional one-time-use password.
Please sign in to leave a comment.