You may click on an event from your Organization Homepage and make any necessary changes, such as editing the Event Title, Event Dates, Time Zone, Visibility Settings, etc.
From your event's dashboard homepage, click the Edit button in the upper right corner of the screen to the right of the event title.
On this page, you can make any necessary changes to your Event Info, Event Icon, and/or Event Settings.
- Title: Enter the title of your event here.
- Time Zone: Select the time zone for your event. This time zone selection will be used to determine the time scheduled push notifications will be sent.
- Starts At / Ends At: Select the dates when your event will start and end. These dates will be displayed on the app's event list screen.
- Preview (HIDDEN): Events with this setting are only visible on the app's event list screen to Touchpoint Admins who are logged into the app with their admin credentials. All newly created events will be marked as Preview (HIDDEN) by default.
- Published (LIVE): Events with this setting are visible to all app users on the event list screen. When you are ready to go live with your event on your app, you may simply select Published (LIVE) on this page, then click Save Gathering.
- Archived (CMS ONLY): Events with this setting are not synced to the app and are only visible in the Touchpoint CMS.
- Template (CMS ONLY): Events with this setting are not synced to the app and are only visible in the Touchpoint CMS. They may be edited and used to apply their settings to other events, as needed.
- Apply Template: Any Event Templates you have created on your account will be listed here. Select an Event Template to apply to your event, if needed. Applying an Event Template will apply the Template's Color Theming, Phone Home Layout, iPad Home Layout, and Feature Settings to your event. Please note: If you have already made changes to the Color Theming, Phone Home Layout, iPad Home Layout, and/or Feature Settings on your event, they will be overwritten by the Event Template when you click Save Gathering. Please consider this before applying an Event Template, as this action cannot be undone.
- Targeted: When this setting is turned ON, the event will only be visible on the app's event list screen after a registered attendee has logged into the app. When this setting is turned OFF, this event will be visible on the app's event list screen before logging into the app.
- Estimated Users: While not required, filling in this field with the number of users you estimate will be using the app for this event will help us to keep a record of estimated server usage.
- Event website URL (optional): You may optionally use this field to store your Event website URL in the Touchpoint CMS for your records. This URL is only displayed in the Touchpoint CMS.
- Registration URL (optional): You may optionally use this field to store your Registration Form URL in the Touchpoint CMS for your records. This URL is only displayed in the Touchpoint CMS.
The Event Icon is displayed to the left of the event title on the app's event list screen. This file must be a square image, at least 250 x 250 pixels, and either .png or .jpg format. If no Event Icon is uploaded, a placeholder image will appear on the app.
- Hide Locations: Use this setting if you would like to hide ALL locations for this event on agenda sessions, exhibitors, etc.
- Display 24 hour times: Use this setting if you would like your session times to be displayed in 24 hour format.
- Display dd/mm/yy dates: Use this setting if you would like your session dates to be displayed in dd/mm/yy format.
- Prefer User Timezone: This setting is useful for virtual events, as it sets the time zone of any time displayed within the app (agenda session times, social activity, etc.) in the app user’s device timezone, as opposed to anchoring it to the time zone set on the overall event. This way, if attendees of a virtual event are accessing the Touchpoint event app from various time zones, the app will display times in the time zone set on each app user's individual device.
- When set to “ON”, any time (Session times, social activity, etc.) within the app will be displayed in the app user’s device time zone.
- When set to “OFF”, any time (Session times, social activity, etc.) within the app will be displayed in the time zone set on the overall event.
- With the “Prefer User Timezone” setting turned ON, you still must set a timezone for the overall event. Scheduled messages sent out will be sent at their scheduled time in the timezone set on the overall event.
Example: An event is set to CST, and a message is scheduled to be sent at 10:00AM (CST). An app user whose device is set in EST would receive this message at 11:00AM EST. An app user whose device is set in PST would receive this message at 8:00AM PST.
- Primary Language: Select the primary language for this event on the app from the dropdown menu. This is the language that all hard-coded text (such as "Login", "Logout", "Last Sync:", "Edit", etc. will be displayed in. You may enter content and edit button labels in the Touchpoint CMS in whichever language you wish. If you would like to include multiple languages on your app, please reach out to Certain Support so that we can enable this setting for you.
- Location: Optionally, you may choose a location from the Location dropdown menu to display in the Touchpoint CMS for your records. You may edit the locations listed in this dropdown menu under Locations in the Touchpoint CMS. This location is only displayed in the Touchpoint CMS.
Please sign in to leave a comment.