- In a web browser, go to the URL for your app's VIP Portal. The link to this URL can be found on your Event Homepage in the Touchpoint CMS.
- Log into the VIP Portal with your speaker credentials. If you have not already created a speaker password, click the "create a password" link and enter your email address to have password instructions sent to your email.
- Once you are logged in, on the right side of the page, you will see any stand-alone Polls you are assigned to under "Poll Moderation", and/or any sessions you are assigned to under "Speaking". Click on the poll title you are managing to open the moderator console for that poll. (Note: Each poll moderation link will have a megaphone icon next to it.)
- This will open the moderator console for the live poll. You will control which question is displayed in the app and on any other supplemental views from this screen.
When you are ready to display the next question, click the right arrow above the question to go to the next question, then click “Display Question” to display the next question in the app.
**Keep in mind, if the display button at the top of the screen is ORANGE, that setting is turned ON. If it is GRAY, it is OFF. If you want to display a question in the app, you need to make sure “Display Question” is clicked and is ORANGE.
NOTE: You can only have one question live at a time. To make the next question live you must select the question from the question bank and then select “Display Question”.
- If you need to edit/delete an existing question, or delete all responses on an existing question, click on the blue question text, edit the question in the editing window, and click Save.
To add a new question, click on New Question+ in the top right on the toolbar.
You may create multiple choice (yes/no), rating or open-ended questions. For multiple choice questions, you may indicate the correct answer (if, for example, your question is a trivia question with a correct answer) by selecting the check ✔.
For Audience Q&A, we recommend creating an open-ended question and typing in “What is your question for ______________?” (i.e., "What is your question for the speaker?" or "What is your question for the panel?") Then click Save.
Displaying Polling Results on a Projection Screen
You may use two computers, one projected to the screen (likely the one you’re already using for your presentation) and another to see the live poll moderator view to manage the poll. This is the recommended approach.
Or you may use a computer for the screen projection and a mobile device (tablet or phone) for the moderator view to manage the poll.
Or you may use one computer employing “split screen projection” so that part of your screen is shared to the large display and part is used as a non-displaying moderator view. Ask your audio-visual specialist for assistance.
Each agenda session with a Live Poll has a distinct and separate URL in the browser for the Projection View. The URL will remain constant for that agenda session’s Live Poll. When you change questions and display them and their results in the agenda session’s Live Poll, that same URL will reflect the changes on its Projection View with the newly displayed question and results.
On the computer that will project to the screen, go to the projection URL by going to the Live Poll moderator console for that poll via the VIP Speaker Portal and selecting ‘Projection View’ under ‘Supplemental Views.’
Note: You will have to navigate to a different Projection View URL if you have an agenda session with a Live Poll at 10:00 AM and then there is a separate Live Poll for the 11:00 AM session.