If your event has multiple languages enabled on it, you can bulk upload your translated content once you have the content entered into Touchpoint in the event's primary language. This is done by exporting the existing content in the primary language, entering the translated content on the exported spreadsheet, then importing the content back into Touchpoint.
Steps for bulk uploading translated content
- First, export the existing content from the Touchpoint CMS. For example, if you want to upload translated session names and descriptions for your agenda sessions, start by exporting the existing agenda.
- The export will be an Excel workbook, with the first tab titled (for example) "Agenda Sessions" and the other tabs labeled with the supplemental languages selected for the Touchpoint event.
*NOTE: DO NOT remove or reorder the rows on any spreadsheet in this workbook. The import process matches content by row.
On each of the supplemental language spreadsheets, you will see a "Hint" column, then a column for each of the translatable fields on that feature. The Hint column is simply included for your reference when entering the translated content in the spreadsheet. It is the primary language name of each row. The translatable field columns will be blank on the export.
Enter the translated content in each row, then save the workbook to your computer.
- Import the saved workbook into Touchpoint. Start by going to the feature you wish to import, then click the Import button in the upper right, and select Excel.
- Click Choose File, select the Excel file from your computer, then click Save.
- You will be asked to Select Sheet from the Excel workbook. Select the first sheet with the feature name (for example, "Agenda Sessions" - NOT any of the sheets labeled as the supplemental languages).
- On the field mappings page, make sure the ID field is mapped to ID, and the translatable fields are mapped to their corresponding fields (for example, Name is mapped to Name and Description is mapped to Description). All other fields you can select to **IGNORE**. Then click Confirm.
- On the next screen, double-check your field mappings one more time, then click Import.
This will start the import process. If there are any errors found while uploading the spreadsheet, you will see the errors on the screen. Once the import is complete, you will see a message that says "# records have been successfully imported."
- You can check that the translations uploaded correctly by clicking Edit next to a translated item in the Touchpoint CMS. You should see the translated content below each translatable field on the edit screen.